C is for Coffee

Ramblings about knitting, spinning, and sewing

Friday, September 08, 2006

Gearing up

One thing I like is a good dose of competition. I don't know if it is because I was the only girl with two other brothers (and I was not about let my little brothers win at anything --they soon grew to twice my size) or the fact that I was a jock in high school. In fact my coach in highschool would have me "hunt down" runners while I ran my races. I would focus on their jersey number- willing myself to pass them. It usually worked. So when I heard about Yarn Monkey's Sock Wars I knew I had to join. I loved the idea of the competition, with the bonus of getting a pair of handknit socks.

Today our weapons were announced. DK weight yarn with a guage of 22 stitches/in. I have some Henry's Attic Superwash DK yarn that I koolaid dyed a beautiful red (I am calling it strawberry shortcake). My original plan was to make knee high socks with them. However, since it is the only DK weight yarn that I have in my stash and the fact that it is red...has led me to conclude that this will be the perfect yarn for Sock Wars. Soon I will begin swatching...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home