C is for Coffee

Ramblings about knitting, spinning, and sewing

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's about time

It seems that I have fallen off the face of the earth for the past couple of days. I have gotten caught up the activity called "work". Work at times is the bane of the knitter/spinster/seamstress's existence. It keeps him/her from performing the actions he/she loves. Alright, enough philosophy.

Yesterday my 2/4 Highland Wool from WEBS arrived. I chose the color Raspberry Crush. It is luscious magenta with primary flecks of red and blue. Very nice. WEBS was not joking with the profound oily smell and feel. I skeined the 1 lb cone into about 10 skeins and promptly proceeded to wash all my skeins. I am hoping the oily smell and feel will disappate. I have a feeling that I will have to wash the skeins a couple times in order to completely get the smell out. Yeah, it's tons of work. However, if this works for my sunrise circle jacket, then it will be worth it since I only paid $13 for the wool.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home